Teacher Licensure Office

North Carolina Licensure

All professional employees of public schools must hold a license for the subject or grade level they teach or for the professional assignment they hold.

The standard basis for licensure is the completion of an approved education program at a regionally accredited college or university. The Department of Education at Wake Forest University is accredited by CAEP (Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation) and by the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction. The Department of Education and the Department of Counseling at Wake Forest University share a Licensure Office. It is located in B206 Tribble Hall.

The Licensure Officer is Neelam Awan  (336-758-2340).

The Licensure Office is only able to recommend students for licensure who have completed a teacher education program or a school counseling program here at Wake Forest University. All other licensure inquiries should be directed to the North Carolina Department of Public Instruction in Raleigh, NC at: http://www.ncpublicschools.org/licensure/  (1-800-577-7994).